MI

Is it bad if i'm drinking nothing but juice all day? will juice keep me hydrated or should i drink water also? reason not much water is upsets belly

Dr. Norma Jo Waxman
Water better than juice: I see that you're very thirsty and are wondering about drinking juice versus water. Drinking juice is almost as bad as drinking soda regarding sugar intake. Ideally we should get our vitamin and mineral intake from fresh fruits and vegetables. The fiber and other benefits are lost when fruit is juiced. Increased thirst is a classic side effect of nortriptyline. You should be checked for diabetes.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Unhealthy: You are mainly taking in a lot of sugar with little or no protein and minimal amount of fiber. This is not a cleansing but an unnatural and unhealthy diet. Even a bear can't stay healthy on just juices. In the meanwhile, water is needed since you are unlikely to get the minimum of 2 lit of water the average person requires from drinking juice alone.

Last updated Apr 5, 2014