what can i do to help a cartilage problem with my knee had physio but still in pain dose walking and standing a lot make it worse ? what else is ther

2 doctor answers
Dr. Robert Gluck
38 years experience Hand Surgery
A number of things: Important to define what part of the knee we're talking about and why you have a cartilage problem. Are we talking about the patella (kneecap) or the joint between femur (thigh) and tibia (lower leg)? Osteoarthritis? Trauma? Is this a structural issue that might be corrected? Having said that, speak with your doctor about joint injection, possibly cartilage replacement, last resort:replacement.
Answered on Apr 15, 2016
7
Dr. Scott Slattery
30 years experience Sports Medicine
Depends on problem: There are many different types of cartilage problems, including focal cartilage injuries and more extensive cartilage degeneration as seen in osteoarthritis. There can be partial or full thickness defects.. The best trestment depends on the type of cartilage injury. A precise diagnosis by your by your sports med doc with the help of xray, MRI or arthroscopy can determine the best treatment.
Answered on Nov 21, 2014
3