U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

What to do if possible paracetamol/acetaminophen overdose.?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ali Seifi
Critical Care 26 years experience
Tylenol (acetaminophen) overdose: Treatment is n -acetylcysteine (nac). Treat patients with evidence of hepatic failure, metabolic acidosis, coagulopathy, and/or encephalopathy in an intensive care unit (icu). Transfer patients with evidence of clinically significant hepatotoxicity to a medical facility with intensive care support and organ transplant services. *in the United States, call 1-800-222-1222. *use charcol if possible.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 5, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.