Any advice? I have been smoking for about a year and I am quiting. What can I all do to help improve my lung function and restore them back to health?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
48 years experience in Addiction Medicine
Just stay quit!: Begin a gradual exercise program and increase levels of exercise to what is tolerated, and stay on a healthy balanced diet. Other than that, there are no proven ways to help your lungs heal - they will do so on their own when released from the toxic effects of the tobacco smoke. Studies show that lungs get back to normal function within a year or so of quitting, maybe a shorter time in your case.
Answered on Oct 17, 2014
2