I'm getting my wisdom teeth out. what can i do to speed up the healing proces?

Dr. Bruce Pope
Dentistry 45 years experience
Ok!: Don't smoke, get plenty of fluids. Discontinue nsaids such as Aspirin days before, but do take immediately before your appointment. Follow, up use ice, on and off every 20 minutes for the first 8 hours. Lots of fluids. Positive attitude, but reduce your activities for 48 hrs.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I agree with the good doctor. Having had the procedure myself, ice was the best thing that I'd recommend. I, personally did not use any pain killers as I used ice as was directed.
Mar 26, 2014
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Avoid Smoking...: Do not rinse the wound(s). Avoid spicy foods. Eat soft foods. Follow your surgeons directions. Doing the above will help minimize any post surgical complications.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Agreed and would add, icing the affected area as directed is key in reducing inflammation and pain after the procedure.
Mar 26, 2014
Dr. John Calvert
Dentistry 36 years experience
I also agree with both Docs. Another thing I have found to be very helpful is to take two Aleve the night before and two the morning of your appointment. The Naproxen in your system helps to reduce postoperative inflammation.
Mar 26, 2014
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
Follow instructions: You should receive verbal and written post-op instructions. Follow them and ask questions if doubts.