U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Madison, IN
A 48-year-old female asked:

I had a renal ultra sound done last week and they said i have a 7mm kidney stone. what will they do about that?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Milton Mintz
A Verified Doctoranswered
68 years experience
See urologist: They can use mechanical method of crushing stone, or if necessary surgically? This is a decision for a specialist.
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Internal Medicine 58 years experience
7 mm stone: Most stones that pass are 4 mm or less so probably yours won't pass on its own. What to do depends upon many variables best answered by your urologist. Some folks need surgery.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 7, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.