U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old member asked:

What kind of dr do u arthroscopy?

3 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Family Medicine 36 years experience
Orthopedic surgeon: Orthopedic surgeons are physicians that would do arthroscopy procedures .When necessary.
Dr. John Michalski
Orthopedic Surgery 37 years experience
Arthroscopy: Orthopedic surgeons do arthroscopy. Most common is hip, followed by shoulder. Other joints scoped include ankle, elbow wrist, ankle, hip, subtalar joint, among others.
Dr. Christopher Ferguson
Orthopedic Surgery 20 years experience
Agree but typo in answer I think, most common joint for arthroscopy is knee rather than hip.
Mar 17, 2013
Dr. Richard Jay
Podiatry 44 years experience
Ankle Arthroscopy: Podiatric surgeons and orthopedic surgeons perform ankle arthroscopy.

Related questions

A 35-year-old member asked:
What are normal results for an arthroscopy?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
What are some considerations of arthroscopy ?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
I have an arthroscopy tomorrow, what to expect?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 28-year-old male asked:
What is the definition or description of: arthroscopy?
4 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
What are some tips and what to expect from an arthroscopy?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 4, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.