Fenton, MO

i have heel pain. the pain has been going up the back of my calf to the back of my knee. i can barely walk on it. this has happened once before.

Dr. James Dukelow
Podiatry 31 years experience
Achilles heel pain: The achilles tendon runs up the back of the leg. If this tendon is tight or strained it becomes sore. This tendon is formed from three muscles that form the calve. If the tendon is strained, the muscle is also strained. The muscles also have bone attachments behind the knee and attach as high as the pelvis. Such a condition can cause rupture if it doesn't get the proper rest and treatment.
Dr. Robert Hadfield
Podiatry 13 years experience
Achilles Tendonitis: This sounds like Achilles tendonitis. Your Achilles tendon is connected to your heel bone the muscle connected to it goes all the way to your knee. There are many excellent treatments for it and I recommend you see a podiatrist.

Last updated Nov 10, 2015