Canada

had pre-term labor from stress@35.5wk with 1st pregnancy.stress is no longer an issue.how likely is ptl again?will i benefit from progesterone shots?

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Unlikely: Progesterone shots are typically indicated for women who have had a prior preterm birth, versus preterm labor. Sometimes it's confusing, contractions and labor. Contractions are very common preterm, but don't always lead to labor (opening of the cervix). Discuss in detail with your doctor what actually happened to you in previous pregnancy and see what his/her advice is. Usually for pt birth.