What to do if i have a single crooked tooth?

5 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. John Calvert answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Limited invisalign: If it is primarily one tooth you are focused on straightening, then there are very limited and much less expensive invisalign programs that might work for you. Usually there are other teeth that could use a little tweaking as well that this will also cover. Another choice would be to change the shape with a porcelain veneer, although it's always better to keep the tooth natural if not damaged.

Answered 3/3/2014

4.4k views

Dr. Jeffrey Briney answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Crooked tooth: There are several different options for straightening a tooth....Ranging from a non-invasive way with orthodontics via braces or functional retainers to minimal invasive ways via a veneer or crown. Check with a dentist that provides all the treatments in order to get a non-biased opinion. A dentist that doesn't provide ortho may only suggest veneers.

Answered 10/26/2018

4.4k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Iceberg: If you see a single rotated tooth, you are seeing only the tip of the iceberg. To derogate a tooth requires that there is sufficient room to do the procedure, and often if a tooth is crooked or out of place the other teeth have shifted. Please consult with both a fully qualified Orthodontic Specialist (Initial Exam usually free) and a General Dentist or specialist Prosthodontist.

Answered 10/26/2018

257 views

Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Crooked tooth: Ask your dentist to discuss options and whether or not you need to be evaluated by an Orthodontist. Sometimes it's a simple matter to straighten a single tooth but more often than not it's related to a bigger occlusal (bite) problem.

Answered 4/5/2020

257 views