A member asked:

Flucuating hormones. irregular periods + acne at 42! joints crack esp hips. severe hip pain, linked to hormones? treatment?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

See your doctor: It may be best to first start with your pcp, and discuss the concerns you have. So that you have a starting point. Then s/he can also do a hormone panel assessment to see how you're doing to ck your Progesterone and estrogen levels. The severe hip pain needs to be assessed further too. So that may be related, in that hormones have a protective effect on bone, heart, and brain. But it may also be that it is completely separate, and unrelated to your hormones. So this is why you need to speak to your doctor.

Answered 6/30/2014



Related Questions