Please explain why have i been on my period for 5weeks!?

Please seek prompt: Gynecological evaluation. A period for > 7 days is not normal. Take care.

Please explain why is my period getting shorter?

Dr. Carolyn Givens
Higher FSH/estrogen: This is a very general answer and may or may not be your specific case: As we start to get older, the hormone FSH from the brain starts to rise to higher levels at the beginning of the menstrual cycle. This is because the ovary is becomming a little more resistant to growing an egg for ovulation. This drives estrogen higher earlier and causes the number of days of bleeding to be less.

Please explain why haven't i gotten my period in almost a year?

It will require a: Workup to provide an explanation. Encourage you to see your gynecologist. Take care.

Please explain why is my period shorter and lighter?

Light period: The main reason for light periods is change in hormone levels. Causes for what seems to be a light period can include: thyroid problems, eating disorders, excessive exercise, initial periods for a girl, use of an intrauterine device, oral contraceptives, perimenopause ; implantation bleeding in early pregnancy which rarely occurs.

Last updated Mar 4, 2014