help please? what is the best medicine for sore throat, cough, stuffy nose, and relief for mucus?

Dr. Derek Farley
Urgent Care 24 years experience
Cold or flu: If less than 48 hours, and there truly is fever (temp > 100.3) then get to a doctor to get tested/examined to determine whether or not flu is present. If not, then you have a cold. I'm a big fan of the dayquil(for daytime, duh)/nyquil (for nightime)combination. Mucinex (guaifenesin) d can help with the mucous, plain Mucinex (guaifenesin) if ur hypertensive (high blood pressure) if worsening, you need to be seen.