can natural anti-inflammatory compounds relieve joint inflammation caused by lyme disease?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Not really.: Lyme disease should be treated with Doxycycline as recommened by the cdc and national academy of medicine, (except in children-amoxicillin, and pregnant females-erythromycin.)you can take an otc NSAID like Aleve (naproxen) for your jont pain, or get an rx from your pcp. Arthritis is a main feature of lyme, and needs more than symptom control. 3-0mega fatty acids can reduce inflammation and improve lipids.