I have lower back pain and burning in my buttocks and leg ?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice 32 years experience
Sciatica: Leg pain radiating to buttocks/leg may be coming from a 'pinched nerve' in the lumbar (lower) spine. Pain can come/go depending upon the degree of nerve compression. An MRI scan will be able to show exactly which nerve is affected. The most important warning signs are leg weakness and change in bladder/bowel function. Development of these signs warrants an immediate visit to a physician.
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management 37 years experience
? Herniated disc: These symptoms are consistent with a disc herniation especially if the leg pain is the predominate symptom. See you doctor for treatment especially if you experience numbness, weakness, or loss of bowel or bladder control. Finally, don't suffer and tolerate the symptoms, there are good treatments that can relieve the pain and treat the other symptoms.