Symptoms: abdominal obesity, palpitations, cold hands/feet, irregular periods, adult acne, reactive hypoglycemia, sugar cravings. hormone issue?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

I'll bet so: You need to be under the care of a competent physician who can manage the complex of hyperandrogenism, obesity, Insulin resistance, menstrual problems, and hyperandrogenism that is so common today. Equally important -- forgive me, but you know it's true -- you'll be far happier and healthier if you get back to a lifestyle of intense aerobic exercise. Be brave and get better.

Answered 7/9/2014

4.5k views

Abd obesity: Yes you most probably have a hormone imbalance. The most likely is pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which can account for all the conditions you have listed. You need to see a doctor who is familiar with pcos and hormone therapy (bio-identical) for diagnosis and treatment. Treatment usually is low carbo wt. Loss diet, heavy exercise, hormones, and medications e.g. Metformin.

Answered 2/16/2014

4.5k views