Pakistan

My 5.5months old baby had hie when born. his head circumference is always in 25th percentile, are there any chances for him to develope microcephaly?

Dr. Marsha Davis
Difficult ?: I assume you mean hypoxia ischemic encephalopathy . If his head circumpherence is 25th% and stays on that curve that is good news for baby. The brain continues to grow and develop for 2 years so it is very hard to know if baby will have damage or not. Baby should be watched carefully and help given if does not develop normally. Mris may help to follow.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 13, 2014