Peru, IN

I broke my fibula 3 weeks ago still painful and the muscle around it feels like it's spasming and tightening should i be worried i go to ortho tom.

Dr. Guy Fogel
45 years experience
Finally: Yes you need a splint or cast to support the muscles and bone while it heals.
Dr. John Munshower
See ortho: Since you are seeing ortho for a follow-up appt tomorrow, that should be fine, as mild pain and spasms can be common, especially if the cast is irritating you. If severe, or very bad spasms out of the norm, then call the ortho, but as stated, since you are seeing them tomorrow, you should be ok. Best wishes.
Last updated Feb 7, 2014