U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Peru, IN
A 23-year-old female asked:

I broke my fibula 3 weeks ago still painful and the muscle around it feels like it's spasming and tightening should i be worried i go to ortho tom.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Guy Fogel
45 years experience
Finally: Yes you need a splint or cast to support the muscles and bone while it heals.
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 31 years experience
See ortho: Since you are seeing ortho for a follow-up appt tomorrow, that should be fine, as mild pain and spasms can be common, especially if the cast is irritating you. If severe, or very bad spasms out of the norm, then call the ortho, but as stated, since you are seeing them tomorrow, you should be ok. Best wishes.
Last updated Feb 7, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.