can i take diflucan (fluconazole) 100mg/day for a oral thrush when i am already taking citalopram 20mg/day? i do not have a heart rhythm condition.

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Www.drugs.com: : given the risk of dose-dependent qt prolongation, citalopram dosage should not exceed 20 mg/day when prescribed in combination with cyp450 2c19 inhibitors such as diflucan (fluconazole). Alternatives should be considered when possible, and hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia should be corrected prior to initiation of citalopram treatment and periodically monitored. Patients should be advised to seek medical attention.Nystatin would be a better and safer way to treat your thrush.Best wishes.