Florence, SC

I have a staph infection in leg its healing but 3 inches above it the lymph node is still swollen which scares me is this normal? how long will last?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 30 years experience
Lymph nodes: Rather than scaring you, an active lymph node doing it's job to fight off infection, should reassure and encourage you about your body's health. A reactive lymph node is working when it is swollen. It is doing it's job. It takes some time to return to a normal quiet state after the infection and all of the foreign material is taken care of. No reason to be scared for any reason here.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 24, 2022