Can there be any connection between my pyelonephritis and my face breaking out in acne ? My face is usually clear?

Dr. Gregory Lewis
43 years experience in Urology
See answer : It has long been known and more recently validated that "stress" from any cause can aggravate acne. Certainly, a kidney infection has the ability to significantly cause both psychological and physical stress on the body causing an effect on and imbalance of various hormones that are involved in the production of acne. Otherwise, not related to the bacteria that caused your kidney infection.
Answered on Jan 20, 2014