i have extreme pain normal after surguery, what to do?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Call your surgeon: Any surgical procedure is not completely risk-free. Pain, swelling and infection following surgery is usually at its worst 24 – 48 hours after surgery. After that it should subside more and more every day and after 7 days stop. Alternate Vicodin with NSAIDs OTC (e.g. Advil) to manage the inflammation. If concerned call your surgeon for acute pain management. Be well soon!
Dr. Vikram Patel
Pain Management 37 years experience
Surgical pain: I would advise you to be more specific so that doctors can help you better. Any surgery can cause pain. Pain is normal but should be treated effectively. Increased pain may be a cause for concern and you should consult your surgeon right away. Most surgical pain is felt during the hours immediately after surgery and should gradually decrease. Good luck and hope you feel better.