Albuquerque, NM

my left forefinger numb for about a month. chiro says nerve compression in cervical vert. also experiencing some dizziness. could they be related?

Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery 35 years experience
Neck pain: A herniated disc in the neck can cause numbness in the finger and dizziness (imbalance). It is important to obtain an MRI of the neck to determine the extent of the nerve and/or spinal cord compression. I recommend seeing a neurosurgeon or spine specialist to evaluate and treat the symptoms.
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care 25 years experience
Stop seeing chiro: There are many things that could be causing your symptoms. If it is not a sore muscle then chiro (massage ) is unlikely to help. Some serious things can give you similar symptoms and a chiro rubbing your back wont help u. See you md for a work up. If nothing serious is found you can go back to the chiro -- though if it hasnt hellped?

Last updated Jul 9, 2018