U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

Can you tell me about urology?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Sarle
Urology 24 years experience
Urology: This is the specialty that deals with the genital and urinary symptoms. Like the kidneys, ureter, and bladder. In men we also deal with the prostate, testes, penis and urethra. Urologists are surgeons. We treat cancers of the above areas. We also treat kidney stones, urination, and reproductive issues in men.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arthur Heller
Gastroenterology 45 years experience
Some can also treat urinary problems of women, e.g. cystocele, "dropped bladder"
Jan 18, 2014

Related questions

A 42-year-old member asked:
What is difference between nephrology and urology ?
5 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
Wondering about urology test to be done if abnormal cystometry?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
What can I expect at a urology clinic?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
Which blood tests are there for urology purposes?
5 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
What is urodynamics useful for, related to urology doctors?
5 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 31, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.