Pottstown, PA

my newborn baby that 19, days old and she keeps crying i think she constipated, what can i give my new infant baby for the pain. can suppositories use?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Constipation: Is hard and infrequent stools. You can give a glycerin suppository once and see igf that helps. Baby may be crying if mom is breastfeeding and drinking milk, eating dairy. If using milk based formula then can also cause tummy ache. Baby could be colicky too.. Go see your doctor and discuss this. You will feel better and so will baby!