I have stage iv adenocarcinoma of the lungs. i have had 7 chemo tx. i am more symptomatic at this point. what would you suggest for next treatment?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion answered

Specializes in Medical Oncology

Can't answer, dear: Seven treatments of the same or different chemos? Has it worked? Are you felling worse because of the chemo or the cancer? More symptomatic like how? Talk openly to your oncologist about your concerns, he/she can answer your questions best. I'm very sort you are not doing well and hope you feel better soon. God bless.

Answered 12/30/2014

4.6k views

It depends: Your oncologist can offer you second line treatments if the tumor is now starting to progress. This may include docetaxel or egfr inhibitor therapy(in case your tumor has a gene mutation called egfr mutation or alk mutation. I am sure they have checked your tumor for gene mutation already. Ask this question and you will have an answer.

Answered 6/25/2014

4.6k views