U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old female asked:

How to induce menstrual cycle?missed cycle for the first time last december.not pregnant

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
MIssed Periods: You do nothing, as you have already been advised. These things happen and usually you will start up during the next month. One does not 'induce' a period that has been missed. If you do not restart cycling then you contact your gynecologist for an evaluation.
Dr. Janice Alexander
Obstetrics and Gynecology 43 years experience
Progesterone: It is not unusual to miss a cycle once a year, but you can have a withdrawal bleed by using Progesterone . See a provider for guidance.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 28, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.