my cough variant asthma always flares up when i come down with a cold. so, is it safe for me to combine otc cold meds with albuterol and pulmicort?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Use as directed: I assume you normally use pulmocort as a maintenance med and albbuterol as rescue--when you have a cold/flare up, use of albuterol may need to be increased for a short time. Otc cold meds can be used as directed in combo with your medications, but if symptoms not better or worsen after 3-5 days, i suggest consulting doc for eval/additional treatment etc... Good luck.
Answered on Jan 4, 2014
1