please tell me what does high potassium in blood work mean?

Dr. Kalyani Perumal
Nephrology and Dialysis 29 years experience
INPUT-OUTPUT: High levels of potassium can occur due to increased intake of high potassium containing foods, nutritional supplements etc 2. Changes in acid base balance in the body 3. Decreased excretion of the potassium by the kidneys. Most often, it is a combination of 2 or more causes.Very frequently, kidney is always one of the culprits.If you have this problem, please consult md.
Dr. Raja-elie Abdulnour
Critical Care 18 years experience
Above normal range : Potassium is a natural element important for bodily functions. The body regulates its blood levels very tightly. Too high or too low causes problems, such as heart rhythm (life threatening). High levels in blood can be caused by a multitude of things. Common and important causes are: kidney disease, medication side effect, acidity in blood... First thing to do is confirm by repeating the bloodwork.