Albany, GA

Taken off seroquel i was put on zyprexa for sleep 5mg today its not making me sleepy was on geodon (ziprasidone) taken off told was bad for me should try sleep doc?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
42 years experience
Insomnia: I see that you've already had a sleep study and if that was negative i think your best bet would be to continue looking at other options for sleep other than antipsychotic options. If you have not tried trazodone, you should, another option would be low-dose doxepin. If you tried both of those then i think seeing the sleep doctor would be warranted. There may have been something that was missed the first time around. If you have ptsd you should give Minipress (prazosin) a try. Sleep hygiene is also very important.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 44 years experience
First please have a physical exam to know if you have an illness. Your medication should be managed by a Psychiatrist. If you are not confident in your Doctor please see another for a second opinion. Please see a Clinical Psychologist with expertise in multiple types of psychotherapy to help you and recommend supportive services that may include a sleep study.
Last updated May 29, 2022