Albany, GA

Taken off seroquel i was put on zyprexa for sleep 5mg today its not making me sleepy was on geodon (ziprasidone) taken off told was bad for me should try sleep doc?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
41 years experience
Insomnia: I see that you've already had a sleep study and if that was negative i think your best bet would be to continue looking at other options for sleep other than antipsychotic options. If you have not tried trazodone, you should, another option would be low-dose doxepin. If you tried both of those then i think seeing the sleep doctor would be warranted. There may have been something that was missed the first time around. If you have ptsd you should give Minipress (prazosin) a try. Sleep hygiene is also very important.

Last updated Apr 9, 2016