Australia

third finger pain and swelling after drinking. what is the cure? pain in finger joint.

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 43 years experience
Generally no conn--: Ection between the 3rd finger and drinking, unless under the influence you jammed it or fell on it, or injured it somehow. See your pcp and have a xray taken to rule out a fracture. Other possibilities would be a contusion with discoloration... Blueish/greenish as well of the finger, or some ligament/tendon injury to the finger. Good luck and best wishes for 2014.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Finger pain: You may have gout of the hand after drinking. See a rheumatologist for evaluation and cut down on the drinking.