U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Saint Petersburg, FL
A 62-year-old female asked:

Can one suddenly develop eczema at age 63? dishydrosis in past. this "eczema" appeared as a tiny crop of itchy shiny wet looking blisters on thumb.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dermatology 27 years experience
It is possible: However, you should see a dermatologist to examine you. There are other conditions that can resemble eczema. One often cause of an eczema-like problem at your age is simple dry skin that can become easily irritated. Your dermatologist can help you determine what is going on and the best treatment options.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 1, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.