U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

My husband have e trait and i've beta thalassemia minor.we have 1 child so where we'll go a child specialist or a hematology?when we'll test our baby?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 58 years experience
Pediatri Hematology: If you need a specialist go to a pediatric hematologist or you can consult babies pediatrician as testing can be done by anybody and if the test is abnormal can be referred to a pediatric hematologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 31, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.