Lancaster, PA

I am indian. my forehead has black spots going around. i am not dark, i put nuteogena tone repair everyday on my skin which has 30psf. is that helpfu?

Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dermatology 25 years experience
It is possible: Any topical medicine that is supposed to fade brown spots will work slowly. The 30 spf is to reduce the chances of sun exposure making them darker (and to protect you from skin cancer). If these spots are from acne then you should see a dermatologist to address this.
Dr. Shino Aguilera
Dermatology 22 years experience
Ashy dermatosis: There is a condition call ashy dermatosis that is common in indian descend individuals . A dermatologist should be able to diagnose it. It's treatment can be a bit challenging. If dark blemishes are sun or inflammation induced then is a bit easier to treat with topical creams or certain lasers and peels.

Last updated Jan 30, 2016