Doylestown, PA

i recently lowered my effexor (venlafaxine) xr from 150 to 112.5 because my blood pressure was getting really high. will my depression come back?

Dr. John Munshower
Hope not: Hopefully, your depression will stay controlled, but if for any reason it starts to worsen, you may need to go back on the original dose that helped you, and add a medication for your blood pressure (which may or may not have been related to the higher dose). Best wishes.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Not necessarily : I have seen this in my practice on a number of occasions and had to lower the dose of effexor (venlafaxine). I have not often seen a relapse when doing so. It could theoretically happen however if her blood level drops below what is needed to keep your depression under control. Best wishes and good luck.