I had pneumonia in sept. I have a history of asthma i i now again have bronchitis. My sputum is clear to olive green in color. Is this the infection?

Dr. Greg Hinson
26 years experience in Family Medicine
Sputum alone: The color of your sputum alone isn't enough to predict if your current symptoms are pneumonia or not. Severity of cough, shortness of breath, fever, etc are all important considerations. Given your history of asthma, any symptom should be taken seriously. Consider an appointment with your doctor, and make sure you have your rescue inhaler on hand.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
1