what do u doif a baby goes limp on you?

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-healy
Call 911: It is not normal for a baby to go "limp"! and it may herald a severe problem.

How do I know if my baby is getting enough milk?

Dr. Gregg Alexander
Look for these...: Look for signs of hydration, like good urine output, most mouth and eyes, tears with crying. Also, look for adequate stools. Babies who are getting adequate milk (and who are otherwise well) usually seem satisfied after feedings, have adequate alert, awake periods, and grow normally along standard growth curves.

How quickly can I wean my baby?

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Over weeks is best: Weaning over weeks will best allow your body to adjust with minimal discomfort and enable your baby to make the transition easier.

How soon can I sign my baby up for movement and play classes?

Dr. Nanette Nuessle
Specializes in Pediatrics
18-24 months: While the aap promotes physical activity from birth, classroom style activities are best enjoyed by children once they can walk, run and manipulate around obsticles. This usually occurs by 18 months of age. By 24 months, many children are starting to jump and dance. Swim classes should be postponed until 4 years of age.

How will doctors know the endotracheal tube is in the right place in my baby?

Listening / X-ray: The standard method of verifying tube placement includes listening to breath sides on both sides after placement.After securing the tube in place it is routine to have do an x-ray to verify the position. Occasionally, placing a gas monitor to verify exhaled co2 is used in some situations.

What are chances of having a healthy baby if i'm over 40?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Can't be exact: The chance of having a healthy pregnancy/baby decreases over time and the risks increase more so after age of 35. You can improve this chance by keeping yourself in optimal health--don't smoke. Eat healthy, exercise regularly, and don't drink to excess (no drinking when pregnant). I'm sorry i cannot give you the exact chance, but i don't think anyone can. Consult your ob/gyn physician. Good luck.

Last updated Apr 30, 2016