what is the epstein-bar virus, and did dr. epstein discover it in a bar?

Dr. Michael Ekizian
Very funny: Epstein-barr (as in "roseanne barr") virus (ebv) is the primary agent of infectious mononucleosis. It is also associated with the development of b cell lymphoma, t cell lymphoma, hodgkin lymphoma, and nasopharyngeal carcinoma. I don't know how it got it's name.
Barr is the name of: a person. "The virus was first discovered in 1964 when Sir Michael Anthony Epstein and Ms. Yvonne Barr found it in a Burkitt lymphoma cell line." REF: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/epstein-barr_virus_infection/article_em.htm *** It causes mononucleosis.