New Zeland

is is possible to have a salivary gland infection but no visable swelling. i have a pus taste in my mouth and sore left cheek. ?

Dr. Lawrence Kessler
Periodontics 56 years experience
Have it checked: You can have a salivary gland infection or probably an infection draining into your lymph nodes you need to see an oral surgeon to find out where the problem is coming from.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Taste of pus: Can be from anywhere in or around your oral cavity. Most probable cause is infected tooth. Second is infected gums. Salivary gland infections are rare. See your General Dentist, and Oral Medicine Specialist, or a Specialist Oral Surgeon to determine cause of infection and thus the appropriate treatment.