5 mo old was given kinrix injection instead of pediarix his doc says it won't hurt him. is this true ?my grandson. worried about this.

No problem: I prefer the Pediarix 5 in 1 over the Kinrix 2 in 1 combination because it cuts down the number of shots a kid must deal with. However, the national supply of Pediarix is below demand at present and sometimes I have to use the Kinrix with other vaccines to avoid the kid missing his/her booster. As long as the kid gets all the boosters, things will be fine.

Last updated Jun 30, 2014