U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

Boil like swelling on the pubic area. what does this mean?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
Medical Consult: You may need to see a doctor to get the boil treated. It is likely you may need antibiotics and possibly incision and drainage of the pus. In the meantime warm compresses, hot shower the area may allow the boil to open on its on.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 31-year-old member asked:

Swelling in the pubic area, what's wrong?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Lance Ashworth
General Practice 21 years experience
Too Vague: The 'pubic area' could encompass any number of areas. The reasons for swelling in any of these areas would be different depending on exactly where that swelling is, when it started, pain, anything make it worse, anything make it better? All of these are necessary to help from a doctors point of view.
Last updated Jun 12, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.