U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Fredericksburg, PA
A 39-year-old male asked:

For many months straight lines look wavy with my left eye.have myopia and astigmatism. causes? which should i see a optometrist or ophthalmologist?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hamid Sajjadi
Ophthalmology 41 years experience
Fluid in Retina: In your age and being in one eye only most common cause of this is collection of fluid in the retina called csr. Amd may also be a cause. Although is may be a variety of other diagnosis. You should see an ophthalmologist and have oct of your retina and optic nerve done.
Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler
Ophthalmology 29 years experience
Exam needed: I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist for dilated eye exam to confirm the retina (back portion of the eye) is normal. Symptoms you discuss suggest to rule out retina changes. If retina is normal, then you may need an update on glasses possibly your astigmatism has change.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 10, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.