India

will untreated thyroidism leads to death?

Dr. Gena Kluwe
It can. : Severe hypothyroidism can lead to death.

How likely will a stroke lead to death?

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Cardiology 55 years experience
Depends: That really depends on how severe the stroke is. If it affects things like your swallowing and you ability to walk so that you are confined to bed, that is much more serious. Most improvement occurs fairly early, so it is ususlly fairly easy to predict the long term outcome. It also depends on what other disease you have, that is how your health was prior to the strokel.

How do diabetic complications lead to death?

Dr. Leto Quarles
Many ways: Diabetes can damage just about every organ system. Common deadly complications are heart attack, stroke, kidney failure and infection. Diabetes can also cause blindness, bad circulation leading to gangrene, and blood sugar that gets too high or too low (from too much insulin/meds) can also be fatal. Good control of blood sugar is best way to prevent complications before they start!

Can subluxations lead to death?

Pathology 44 years experience
Myth / lie: Old-fashioned chiropractors talked about "subluxations" that they would treat by popping the back and that supposedly this would restore health. If anyone is telling you this nowadays or putting you in fear for your health, contact your local district attorney & the chiropractic licensing board. Vertebral bodies may be misaligned but this by itself will not cause serious disease elsewhere.

I have no desire to eat. Basically starving my myself to death. What is wrong with me?

Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 41 years experience
Overdue for psychiat: You're long overdue for a visit to a psychiatrist.

Feel there is a chemical imbalance. Every time i wake up i feel like i was close to death or suicidal. I don't want to feel that. Combination of thing?

Dr. Shahid Rafique
Depression: There is a very serious concern that you have major depression. Please do not try to fight it yourself. You are right that you have chemical imbalance. You need to see your pcp urgently or a psychiatrist. Depression can be easily treated with inexpensive and safe medications.