Canada

Typically is geographic tongue constant for the rest of your life?

Dr. Antoanella Calame
Pathology 20 years experience
Geographic Tongue: Your doctor may recommend medications to manage discomfort or sensitivity: over-the-counter pain relievers, mouth rinses with an anesthetic, antihistamine mouth rinses, corticosteroid ointments or rinses. Since the condition typically resolves on its own and has an unpredictable course, you may not be able to tell if the symptomatic treatments are actually working.
Dr. Antoanella Calame
Pathology 20 years experience
Provided original answer
The condition typically resolves on its own and has an unpredictable course
Oct 29, 2013
Dr. Gena Kluwe
Normal variant: Geographic tongue is a normal variant. It is there for life. Not a "problem". I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it.
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Endodontics 45 years experience
Yes: However it can come and go. It is usually worse in children and young adults. Periods of remission can be long later in life but it can reappear at any time.