Columbus, OH

6 y/o needs colonoscopy. please be specific on things she can have on a clear liquid diet?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
Define clear liquids: "clear liquids" are any food that is not solid at room ; body temperature that will allow sunlight to pass through: ice pops, jello, broth without particles, juices without particulates, water, light tea. Avoid red-dyed foods that may leave residue that looks like blood to the colonoscopist. Confirm your selection with the performing doctor--you don't want to have to re-do the test due 2 bad prep.