U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old member asked:

Is there any kind of dairy product someone who has a milk allergy can eat or drink?

2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joel Selter
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma 39 years experience
"Baked Milk": It really depends on what the form and severity of the allergy are. There are ongoing studies exploring whether the addition of baked milk products to the diet of patients allergic to cows milk can help them outgrow the allergy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Martin Ostro
Allergy and Immunology 51 years experience
If true allergy, no: If you had allergic reaction (itchy mouth, throat discomfort, nausea, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, hives, etc.) with positve blood or skin test for allergic antibodies (ige) to milk, then avoid all dairy products. If only abdominal cramps, diarrhea with negative test for milk specific ige then this may be lactose (milk sugar) intolerance and you may be able to tolerate lactaid, a lactose-free milk.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 41-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
Can toddlers drink goat milk due to cow milk allergies?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 41-year-old member asked:
I suddenly developed allergy to seafood. Can drinking turmeric with milk help?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated May 4, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.