Brooklyn, NY

Need a doctor's perspective on boric acid? got roach problem in my home and have been sprinkling it around. is it truly non-toxic to humans? any long term effects of casual exposure?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
No, it is toxic: This remedy is used around the world. When i studied in the soviet union it was used to eradicate roaches from my room. It was however dissolved in a bottle of water and simply left standing open in the bathroom. No one got ill. Sprinkling it around however may be a different issue. See the article below: www.Drugs.Com/enc/boric-acid-poisoning.Html best wishes.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Boric acid: Boric acid can be very toxic if ingested. Chronic exposure to skin can cause muscle twitching. Best not to use if you have crawling children.

Last updated Jun 24, 2015