A member asked:

Can't take toprol xl because the acid base bothers my bladder but regular metoprolol isn't controlling my high tachycardia well. any other options?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Harvey Hahn answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine - Cardiology

Yes: There are several other b-blockers that can slow your heart down (coreg, bystolic) and there are also some calcium channel blockers that do the same (diltizem and verapamil). Ask your doctor if you can try one of these.

Answered 8/6/2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor