Canada

this is for a pain doctor with methadone authority im on 110mls a day and i have been clean long weekly caries i fused to discs in my back demerol (meperidine hydrochloride) 200?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
complicated issue: Demerol, (meperidine hydrochloride) however much it may be helping you, is a terrible drug with awful side effects, especially in higher doses. Many authorities, myself included, believe it should be off the market. Finding a pain physician who will ignore your addiction history (however long in the past) and prescribe Methadone is taking some serious risks. Very few pain specialists prescribe demerol- get a 2nd opinion.
Dr. Brian Nichol
Anesthesiology 30 years experience
The metabolyte normeperidine of Demerol will build up in one who takes it chronically and cause seizures which may lead to death. It is really only indicated in the treatment of acute pain and post anesthesia shivering.
Oct 18, 2013

Last updated Jun 28, 2014