United Kingdom

i have bicuspid aortic valve with 46mm dilated root. my cardiologist said he wants to see me every 2yrs. i'm anxious that this is a long time! is it?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 47 years experience
You might ask for: Another opinion, as in your age, with these features, risks of dissection, or catastrophic aortic insufficiency could be sudden. Ask what indications would be for replacement, and how that might be done with your anatomic condition. Is open procedure only choice?
Dr. Atique Mirza
Cardiology 31 years experience
If you have symptoms: If it has been stable he might be right. If you develop any new symptoms of current symptoms get worse you may call him to be seen earlier.